Welcome to Family & Community Medicine
The Vision of the Department of Family and Community Medicine is that all families in the St. Louis metropolitan community are healthy.
The Mission of the Department of Family and Community Medicine is to train current and future family physicians, provide the highest quality primary and preventative care in our communities, and advance the field of family medicine through population-based and primary care research.
- Altruism and service that guides us in helping those in our communities;
- High quality, evidence-based primary care;
- Diversity in the communities we serve;
- Social justice and barrier free access to primary care;
- The promotion of wellness and prevention of disease and disability;
- The whole person and their culture, values and beliefs;
- Research that provides evidence-based approaches to the practice of primary care; and
- Innovation and enthusiasm in medical education that supports and develops students and promotes careers in family medicine.
Our department is divided into six primary divisions:
- Predoctoral Division
- Graduate Medical Education
- Community Medicine
- Behavioral Medicine
Next page: Department History